Friday, February 25, 2011

Coxcomb Quilt Start

Just a quick update on what I am currently working on.  This quilt is a Susan Garman pattern called The Coxcomb Medallion Quilt.  It is a club quilt at the LQS, so we work on it monthly.  My pieced blocks are done for month one, and I am still working on my hand applique!  There are about 40 tiny berry circles on the applique block.....this will take a little time and a lot of patience to get those berries looking like berries not boxes!!
6.5" Evening Star Block

Applique Center, still working on the Flower Petals and the gazillion teeny, tiny berries!!

6.5" Friendship Star Block

12 - 3.5" Pinwheel Blocks

Well it seems I have an evening of uninterupted "Me Time"!  So I think I will go sit at the sewing machine and work on a few of my other projects :)

Happy Stitching,

Cindy

2 comments:

  1. Your blocks are lovely, but that center applique looks difficult. Obviously, it was needle turned. All the detail in the flowers is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your blocks look way better then mine.... I am so excited bout starting my applique, I go for my needle turn lesson on Tuesday night...I think I might have to redo my blocks as they don't look as good as yours.

    ReplyDelete